You want to make your blog content Search Engine friendly for we need to do some work.
- Always remember that you are making the content and the website for target users, think from their point of view and implement a good User Interface.
- Do not focus on search engines alone, your focus is your target audience and everything needs to be done to give them best experience.
- Make the blog content, design and interface that users engaged into interaction with each other and blog writer.
#1. Think before you write!
Think hard about the message of your text. What do you want to tell your readers? And what is the purpose of your text? What do you want you readers to do at the end of the page? Write down the answers to these questions before you begin writing. Adding actual and functional information to your website will give Google the idea that your website is alive. If it’s not an active website, Google will crawl it less often and it might become less appealing to Google to include the page in the search results.
#2. Write down the structure of your blog post.
Start your post with creating a clear structure. Every post should have some sort of introduction (in which you introduce your topic), a body (in which the main message is written) and a conclusion (which should summarize the most important ideas or deduce some new idea). Write down what you want to write in all these three sections. You now have a kind of summary of your post. The real writing can begin!
#3. Use paragraphs.
Everybody uses paragraphs, but make sure to use paragraphs that make sense. Do not start a new sentence on a new line, just because it looks nice. There should be a reason for making a new paragraph. Every paragraph should have a main idea or a main subject. Ask yourself what the main idea of each paragraph is. You should be able to grasp that main idea in only one sentence. If you need more sentences, you simply need more paragraphs!
#4. Use headings.
Headings structure the entire page, so you should make sure to use headings. First, it makes your writing skimmable and therefore easier to read. People are more likely to share things that are easy to read. Also, having headers and sub-headers increases the keyword saturation. They are important for readability, but for SEO as well. Headings help Google to grasp the main topics of a long post and thus can help in your ranking. If you want people to find their way in your articles, you should use subheadings. Subheadings will lead people, help them scan your page, and make the structure of your articles that much clearer. Make sure that your keywords are used in the subheadings, but do not put your keyword in every subheading (as it will make the text unreadable).
#5. Use signal words.
Signal words help people to scan through your text and help people to grasp the main idea. If you, for instance, have three reasons for wanting to sell a product, you should use signal words as: First of all, Secondly and Finally. Also, words as Nevertheless, Surely and Indeed also give a clear signal to your readers. Readers will instantly get that a conclusion will follow after words as Consequently, So or For this reason. Signal words are thus very important to structure your text.
#6. Add links to Previous Content.
Links to high-quality, reputable websites increases the validity of your own website. The better the links, the higher your page will rank in search results. Also, using credible sources within the body of your text creates trust with your readers.
#7. Optimize the Length of Your Article.
This one should be pretty self-evident, but it isn’t always applied. The best way to get people to read and engage with your content is to write content that is useful and entertaining. Search engines reward sites that have high-quality, relevant content. Quality is more important than almost every other factor on the list. Google gives priority to longer articles, but if it’s too long, you’ll lose readers. Your articles should be a minimum of 300 words. While there is no set maximum, in order to maintain reader interest, try to cap them around 700 or 800 words. Keywords should make up 1-2% of the text. So, in a 500-word article, you should include 5-10 keywords.
So, you’ve successfully managed to write an SEO-friendly, content rich, interesting article that people want to read. The next step is to make it shareable. Websites likeand make it easy to add social media buttons to your website so people can share the content easily.
#8. Use signal words.
Signal words help people to scan through your text and help people to grasp the main idea. Let’s say, for instance, that there are three reasons for people to buy your product. You should use signal words like: ‘first of all’; ‘secondly’ and ‘finally’. Also, words as ‘nevertheless’, ‘surely’ and ‘indeed’ give a clear signal to your readers. Readers will instantly get that a conclusion will follow after words like ‘consequently’, ’so’ or ‘for this reason’.
#9. Let other people read your post.
Before publishing your post, let someone else read your post first. Ask him/her whether he understands the main idea of your post. Correct typos and sentences that aren’t formulated correctly.
These are some important things which we need to follow before taking further steps in optimizing your blog, below are some more steps to make your content Search Engine friendly.
#10. Focus on 1-2 long-tail keywords.
Keyword is a word or a phrase where people use in search engine to find out some specific information. Firstly, think about what type of services you are providing to your customers through your website. Analyse your website and find out some relevant keywords. Include your keyword or keyword phrase in your title. Use Google Adwords keyword tool or Google Analytics and this will even suggest related keywords. Pointing out the correct keyword to your blog post will give good result to your post.
Before you ever sit down to write your article, decide which keywords you want to incorporate. You can either pay a marketing service to do this for you, or you can choose the keywords based on the results of planned keyword searches. When you start writing, use the keywords in the title, headers, tags, and main text.
When writing for your blog, it’s important not to stuff a ton of your keywords into a single post. Instead, focus on 1-2 keywords for each post. It’s best to limit keywords to this total because Search engines will actually penalize your post if it looks like you’re using keywords too many times, and it helps keep you focused on a goal for your post. Yes, more than one keyword may appear in a post; but the goal of the post should be narrow enough to allow you to spend time optimizing for just one or two keywords.
- Title : The title of your blog post should include your keyword, but just be sure to keep your long-tail keyword under 70 characters. The title of your post will be a search engine and reader’s first step in determining the relevancy of your content, so including a keyword here is vital.
- Body : You should mention your keyword at a normal pace throughout your post — that means you should include your keywords, but only in a natural, reader-friendly way. Search engines penalize any post they believe is using keyword mentions as a way to rank for a particular keyword, so this requires close attention in the writing process.
- URL : Search engines also look to your URL to figure out what your post is about. Your URL should reflect your title, so ensure the keyword you use is relevant to the article. If you have to trim your blog post URL down, make sure you keep the keyword in it. We’ll elaborate on the importance of URL structures in more detail below.
- Meta Description : Later in this post, we’ll also dive into explaining meta descriptions. Your meta description is meant to give search engines and your readers information about your blog post’s content. So be certain to use your long-tail term clearly here so Google and your audience are well aware of the post’s content, but also keep in mind that how engaging the copy is matters a great deal for conversion rates.
#11. Use responsive design.
Blogs that are responsive will conform to the screen of any device. That means whether you’re reading a blog on a desktop, smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device, the site format and layout will be the same, making for a unified user experience. Responsive design is becoming more and more important for more than just UX, though. It’s also important for SEO.
#12. Include meta optimizations.
Meta tags plays vital role in publishing the content. Meta title describes what is the post about. Meta description is an important factor while creating your blog post on SEO because these description tags get clicks through search engines. The content of the meta description should not be more than 150 characters. Meta description is the show case of your blog post. So, your meta description should be innovative and at the same time it should be innovative.. Meta optimization is actually not limited to meta descriptions. To review, your meta description is the additional text that appears on your search results that lets you know what the link is about.
#13. Image Optimization.
Images are essential to making your content interesting and shareable. People are far more likely to purchase from a company whose website has attractive and relevant photos. You can optimize the photos by adding keywords to the image files. Make sure to also optimize the size of the photo. Pictures that are too large will slow load time and hurt the SEO. Make the image as small as possible without compromising the visibility or quality. Images are better than 1000 words. By adding images to your SEO blog post it can improve the stickiness of your content and lower your bounce rate.
#14. Too Lazy to read entire thing, here is the crux :
- First and foremost thing your blog structure should be quite easy to navigate between pages and posts.
- When ever a visitors comes to your blog he should find it simple not complex which gives the first impression on your blog.
- After that comes the blog you publish it depends on which industry your into focus on those target audience so that you can write the content taking them into consideration.
- Before writing the content start of with keyword research first choose the blog topics you want to write the content then you can build a list of keywords which are relevant to the blog topic.
- Choosing keywords is most important part because by the end of the day they are once which bring you traffic and rankings to your blog.
- Once keywords list is done, then start writing content.
- Most important things your content writer and SEO should sit together while writing the content which gives a better understanding for the content writer.
- Make use of your targeted keywords in the content which gives you more chances for finding your website for the visitors.
- After preparing keywords list and writing content is done the next step is.
- Your SEO and Developer should sit and discuss about the url structure for your blog post.
- Every blog post has a targeted keyword in it, so make use of your targeted keywords in the url, title, content, tags, image alt tags, headings etc.
- You can also make use of CTA in your blog.
- Also make use of social sharing buttons which helps visitors to share your content.
- The above mentioned points are implemented then you can start publishing your blog…hurrayy.