Tried hard to share your laptop/PC internet connection with mobile phones via WiFi, but nothing works? In this how-to you can find an easier method to share laptop internet connection without a third party application like connectify, mHotspot, virtual router or anything else. In this method you’re going to turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot without an external application.
I just wanted to share some tips to “Share PC internet in android mobiles through wifi” or “reverse Tethering” without using any external software neither in your PC nor in your android phone. Yes you can do this on your own without spending money on purchasing a wifi router.
Normally Tethering means sharing your mobile data connection to some other devices like laptop or PC. But you must have thought of using your broadband internet connection in your wifi enabled device where no hard wired LAN connection is not possible.
I think Android devices have been previously configured for peer to peer connection (connecting to another android device) and to share data connection from a wifi hotspot where many android or other wifi enabled devices connects to the shared router.
- Open command prompt as an administrator.
- Now copy the below given code and paste it in the command prompt.
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=WiFiHotspot key=12345678
- “WiFiHotspot” is your hotspot network name, you can change it if you need to.
- “12345678” is the login password for your WiFi hotspot, you can change it if you need to.
- Once again copy and paste the below given code in the command prompt.
- netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- You should see “The hosted network started” message.
- Go to Network and Sharing center in control panel, and click on your main network connection status.
- Now, click on the properties button.
- Click on Sharing tab, and enable “Allow other network users… internet connection”. Don’t forget to select a home networking connection for sharing internet connection. I choose “Wireless Network Connection 2” as my home networking connection on my PC, I recommend you to use the same network on your PC/Laptop too, if not choose “Wireless Network Connection”.
That’s it! Everything is done and you can connect your mobile phone with your PC’s internet connection. If you find any errors while configuring this method do comment us and we will solve it.